The desulfating pulser is directly connected to a battery and will begin to pulse the battery using battery power. A trickle charger is recommended to make up for the pulser's drain on the battery (0.04A). AGM is one of the starved electrolyte types I warned folks about. Improvements will be noted but they will die an early death due to dehydration and grid corrosion. Normally you permanently connect a pulser to a battery you want to protect/salvage. Recovery times naturally depend on the size of the battery, the ambient temperature and the degree of sulfation internally. In functioning batteries that are sluggish, you will see improvements in a day or so.
Originally posted by John:
Don, enjoyed your article but had trouble understanding just how this hooks up to a battery.
Do you just hook a 12V charger up ti it? How long do you leave it on? Any data on using this on an Absorbed Glass Mat battery or does it just work on a flooded cel type.
Any additional data available for the layman?